Flowserve Corporation Manufacturing Engineer in Springville, Utah
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The job of a manufacturing engineer is a highly qualified position, to plan, design, arrange, change, optimize, and supervise a manufacturing process. Manufacturing engineers are creative and analytical thinkers as well as designers. The main responsibility of manufacturing engineer is to create, document, develop, and implement procedures required to assemble, test, process, and manufacture the products of the company.
Job Duties: This section describes the principle responsibilities of the position
· Provide the shop, assembly and EIT with manufacturing engineering support, (design fixtures and tools, Order Material, Find resources to build them).
· Provide accurate routings to the shop. This requires a working knowledge of materials, surface feet, speeds & feed.
· Establish direct working relationship with the shop associates and knowledge of shop processes. Passed history in the routing data base is also used.
· Provide CNC programs for use in the shop and maintain the CNC program database and distribution systems.
· Provide immediate response to QRC demand.
· Meet the demands of planning, routings for jobs moved in and change orders
· Work with team members to improve processes and reduce manufacturing costs.
· Backup NC programming and support blank drawings for manufacturing. Blank drawings are created for processes that require preparatory work on them prior to finish machining, such as parts that require hard face overlay. NC programming requires a backup person to support the system.
· Work with Engineering on new products to improve manufacturability.
· Maintain routing data base for all value streams and their work cells. It is necessary to review component part routings for accuracy, time, departments and process. This is accomplished though feedback from affected groups.
· Address time standards using Time Change Request Forms to correct time standards
· Help determine new equipment required to support manufacturing and provide support to implement it into production.
· Act as a MFE resource to other departments. Interaction with other groups is necessary to develop, good designs, times and processes.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in manufacturing or engineering from four-year college or university; AND eight to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, professional journals. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from sales reps, team members, and associates from other departments and facilities.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Good understanding and capability in shop math; including algebra, trigonometry and geometry.
Possess a broad knowledge of manufacturing engineering core principals, practices, and procedures.
Beneficial Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of software used at facility including Microsoft Office products, Cadra, Oracle, Solid works, SolidCAM, etc. Experience with LabView for data acquisition and process automation. Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally be able to stand; walk; and/or reach with hands and arms. The employee must also occasionally lift fifty pounds or less. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; color vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
This position occasionally requires exposure to work near moving mechanical parts; risk of electrical shock; and/or exposure to fumes or airborne particles. Typical noise levels for this job are moderate.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Primary Posting Location:
Springville, Utah US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
United States of America
Auto req ID: