Flowserve Corporation Applications Engineer in 900002, China
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Application Engineer, part of Seals Global Commercial Operations team located in Suzhou, China , is assigned to support OE and AM customers in China and serve as a backup for APAC, EMA and NA regions. The product focus is Compressor Systems and Complex Wet Seal Systems
The Applications Engineer’s primary functions are to review customer request for quote and generate technical proposals; review customer purchase order and job specifications and generate engineering requirements for drawing and Bill of Material creation; review customer purchase order and generate manufacturing requirements via sales order drafts; facilitate the inspection and/or product failure analysis of returned products and to provide technical support to customers direct or through responsible sales engineer.
· Provide quotations for Systems at market level pricing in response to RFQ's in the requested customer time frame
· Interpret specifications and data sheets, including special warranty, delivery and payment terms requested by our customer
· Provides project management on complex inquiries and/or high-value engineering jobs
· Interact effectively with customer without supervision
· Demonstrates acquired specialization in multiple products
· For all products, identifies correct Flowserve solution to fulfill customer requirements
· Proactively seeks out maximizing financial drivers such as tracking costs, expenses, receivable, and inventory to improve financial performance of the Corporation
· Drive a consistent offering to our Global customers preventing regionalization of our product offerings
· Engage with all level of management and sales to participate in pricing strategies
· Confirm the Sales Approval Process is followed for all firm bids and cost estimates are prepared and qualified by BU
· Drive and facilitate selective bidding as required based on current workloads and user locations
· Provide first level of trouble shooting
· Bachelor of Science Engineering degree or equivalent with 2-5 years related experience with compressor products.
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Mechanical aptitude, ability to utilize measuring equipment (i.e. dial calipers, micrometers, etc.), ability to utilize basic tools for inspection
· Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities in a self-directed environment
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and ability to adapt to new programs/software
· Able to identify problems and utilize advanced problem-solving and troubleshooting skills to reach appropriate solution
· Basic project management tools and methods
· Strong work ethic with positive attitude
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Applications Engineer
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 10%
Primary Posting Location: 900002, CN
Job Posting Category: Sales
Employment Type: Full time
Relocation Eligible: No
Auto req ID: 44371BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.