Flowserve Corporation Sr. Applications Engineer in 900002, China
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
This position is Application Engineer specialist for the Vacuum-Process Systems Initiative.
- Responsible for preparing high quality commercial and technical proposals based on customer specifications and in compliance with company’s policy and relevant process in submitting the proposals.
· Prepare proposals in response to requests for quotation in a timely, complete and accurate manner.
· Generate accurate opportunity budgets through the use of internal and external resources and through the use of the costing method that is appropriate for the particular opportunity/project.
· Assist the procurement department in selecting sub-vendors as well as achieving a detailed and defined sub-vendor supply scope as required by the respective project.
· Work closely with BUs, Global CSOA and Sales throughout the bidding and purchasing phases of all projects to best support our customer's requirements and expectations.
· Work closely with the Engineering Department when necessary to properly define an offered product including details such as performance criteria and comments to customer specifications.
· Interact with company personnel, departments and others to gather, assemble, analyze and determine correct responses to customer queries.
· Select appropriate vacuum pumps/systems. Coordinate technical and/or commercial issues with other departments as appropriate.
· Interface with departments and others to ensure design, costs, schedule, quality issues, shipping dates and methods to enhance customer satisfaction. Complete the SAP.
· Responsible for preparing accurate order transfer files upon securing purchase orders.
· Provide the organization with a clear crisp definition of the agreed to scope of supply from resulting purchase orders. Assist Contracts department during order processing stage with any cost impact for scope changes.
· Participate in providing support to Sales in technical clarifications.
· Continually improve customer satisfaction by developing processes, systems, and behaviors, as measured by on-time performance, cycle time, cost of quality, and customer service surveys.
· Perform other related duties as required or directed
· BS or MS Degree in chemical, mechanical, instrumentation /automation or control engineering
· Fluent in written and spoken English
· Good understanding related instrumentation (flow , pressure , temp. level ,control valve ,etc) with its related bus communication and interfacing
· Computer literacy with MS-office and SAP, AutoCAD skill is advantage
· Min.5 years working experience
· Mature, self-motivated , self-responsible , team working , hard working
· Knowledge about vacuum technology will be a definite plus
· Team Player, with the ability to “change gears” and handle stress
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Sr. Applications Engineer
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.