Flowserve Corporation Solutions Engineer in Cheonan, South Korea
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
• Conveys pump industry market knowledge, and demonstrates in-depth knowledge and breadth in Engineering principles.
• Understand the nature and purpose of pumps upgrade and evaluate the customer operational requirements in accordance with design and specifications and standards
• Interact with Central Engineering in other regions and Product Engineering in respective Business Units to develop the scope of work to upgrade pumping equipment in accordance to achieving technical and performance requirements of customers
• Works with local resources recommending corrective actions to remediate most product
• Creates custom repair and overhaul procedures to utilize customer or local facilities to restore
product performance to required levels
• Prepares technical proposals for pump upgrades and/or repairs in close collaboration with Commercial Operations in delivering complete solutions to a customer
• Promotes Services & Solutions Engineering expertise and capabilities to customers
• Manages and leads regional resources to identify and execute on solution engineering
• Develops new program/methods of solving problems and modifying existing product designs
to meet customer needs and improve product life
• Travel to site to lead Root Cause Analysis in collaboration with local resources.
• Support Sales calls to attend, present and detail key points in technical offerings during site discussions with End-Users.
• Support Sales strategy when targeting new customers in presenting Flowserve Services & Solutions Engineering capabilities, products and success stories.
• Periodically develop presentation materials used for internal and external promotion of SSE products, case studies, whether during internal events or at external industry events (Technical Forum, Symposium).
• Assist Sales and Operational Teams to assess their training needs; develop new or use existing training material to help raise technical competency across the assigned areas and possibly in the whole region.
• 4 year Engineering degree or equivalent and or 2-5 years related experience.
• Computer Assisted Design/3-Dimensional design and modeling systems.
• Report writing and technical memos.
• Effective oral communication.
• Interpersonal skills - must be comfortable with customer facing
• Basic project management skills.
• Accountability and execution for completing work timely and to specifications.
• Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) participation.
• All-round knowledge of Flowserve OE and AM portfolios of products, services and solutions, energy markets and eagerness to learn more on a long-term basis.
• Demonstrates knowledge of industrial processes equipment and controls, experienced in site assessments to assess and resolve pumping equipment performance issues.
• Demonstrates competence to edit and develop technical reports, technical training and customer presentations. Shows good interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Demonstrates \"customer focus\" to support all internal/external technical support requests.
• Team player.
• Language skills - Strong command of the English and local languages of the region / country is a must.
Engineering Services works in close collaboration with Commercial Operations, Sales, QRC Teams and Project Engineering and provides technical support to develop / promote technical solutions. This role is especially meant for regions where limited Engineering Specialists are available such as APAC, LA and ME and meant for engineers covering the front-end portion of the business.
Solutions Engineers also ensure the pool of specialist can be maintained on the top of those individuals following the Design Engineer path. The Solutions Engineer leads all requests for technical solutions of a given area and works under guidance of Engineering Specialists to provide support and expertise to internal and external customers on RFQ, Orders, Root Cause Analysis, etc.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: