Flowserve Corporation Sales Engineer - Chesapeake, VA or Taneytown, MD in Chesapeake, Virginia
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Sales Engineer will be responsible for the sale of Flowserve mechanical seals & auxiliary systems to existing and new customers in the OEM market. Primary focus will be to support our Flowserve Pump factories located in Chesapeake, VA & Taneytown, MD. The focus will be on pumping equipment which supports strategic markets included but not limited to: Chemical, Petro-Chemical, Refining, Water, Pharmaceutical, M & O Processing, and Food & Beverage. The Sales Engineer will focus on promoting Flowserve’s products by demonstrating a value added proposition to their responsible customers.
The chosen candidate for this position should reside in Chesapeake, VA or Taneytown, MD vicinity. This incumbent will be required to provide onsite sales support at both sites. Travel will vary depending on the residency location.
Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
· Maintain regular, planned call frequency and timely communication with key customers within assigned territory.
· Assure that FSG’s products, capabilities, and services are promoted and articulated in the marketplace.
· Ensure quality of engineering/service support at responsible, customer sites.
· Stay engaged and informed about customer’s key project activity. Demonstrate an understanding of the needs and wants of the customer so as to establish win-win relationships that support negotiations.
· Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of product portfolio in order to address customer’s needs and opportunities in a timely manner.
· Collaborate effectively with supporting departments (both internally and externally) to ensure accuracy of product, quality and OTP to customer’s request date.
· Consistently apply root cause analysis techniques in conjunction with product knowledge and equipment operating principles when addressing potential warranty claims.
· Possess solid negotiation skills; ability to influence others to recognize the strength of Flowserve’s position. Completion of a negotiation course or training required.
· Commands a thorough understanding of industry processes and applications. Apply industry accepted principles when addressing challenging applications.
· Leverage past knowledge of mechanical seals, pumps, specialty equipment, auxiliary systems and applications processes to further grow market share within assigned territory.
· Develop and implement, comprehensive marketing plans that are aligned with regional & global sales objectives.
· Participate in and provide guidance to management for yearly and long term planning process.
· Assist in preparing a comprehensive territory and account plan for designated territory.
· Actively participate in training requirements to remain current on industry practices and technologies.
· Assist in preparation of weekly activity reports and key account strategies to support growth initiatives.
-Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related Technical degree with 5 + years’ experience including rotating equipment engineering.
-There will be overnight traveling at least 25% of the time which is required.
-Thorough knowledge of the design and operational requirements of mechanical seals & systems and rotating equipment (including pumps, mixers and specialty equipment), is required.
-Experienced in solving problems in a group setting with ability to lead root cause failure analysis and communicate corrective actions through resolution.
-Ability to understand customer’s technical and commercial requirements. Ensure accuracy of deliverables based on specifications provided by engineering contractors and/or end-user customer.
-Must project a strong customer focus and initiative when dealing with higher level managers and technical personnel when working at key customer’s site.
-Must be flexible, self-motivating and resourceful when dealing with customer complaints and/or challenging requests.
-Driven self-starter who is highly motivated in exceeding customer expectations and sales target objectives.
-Ability to handle multiple tasks and exhibit excellent interpersonal & organization skills.
-Excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Office software.
Previous experience in sales is preferred.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Sales Engineer - Chesapeake, VA or Taneytown, MD
Primary Posting Location:
Chesapeake, Virginia US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: