Flowserve Corporation Logistics Supervisor in Cookeville, Tennessee
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated Logistics Supervisor in our Cookeville, TN location, a manufacturing facility with a highly engaged workforce which produces various quality valves for a number of industries. The Logistics Supervisor will direct the activities of the Shipping and Receiving functions.
· Manages, motivates and leads Logistic personnel.
· Responsible for ensuring the warehouse is organized and orderly on a daily basis.
· Proven experience and application of safety procedures resulting in a safe working environment for employees.
· Ability to analyze data in order to identify trends and create corrective actions.
· Proven interpersonal and communication skills required. Ability to drive change, hold employees accountable, and experience in collaborating with internal customers is required.
· Ensure that incoming and outgoing freight is processed in a timely manner.
· Experience with RF scanning or barcoding is a plus.
· Lead/Initiate CIP activities related to OT, Labor, Flow and Quality improvement initiatives.
· Planning and Inventory experience a plus.
· Coordinate activities between Planning, Operations and Shipping.
· Ability to operate and train forklift personnel as well as operate manual equipment needed to move freight.
· Plan , schedule and assign personnel to complete projects on time, at or below cost, at a high standard of quality, in a safe and productive manner.
· Additional duties as required.
· In addition to daily communication, must hold weekly information meetings with employees.
· Managing employee relations and records including:
· Manage timekeeping responsibilities including employee schedules, time-off requests, attendance tracking, etc.
· Provide employee corrective coaching and maintain sufficient documentation to support such action.
· Develop and drive Continuous Improvement related initiatives.
· Work cross-functionally to resolve issues.
· Drive process improvements and cost reduction efforts.
· Ability to drive multiple priorities and tasks concurrently.
Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or related field preferred
High school diploma or GED is required
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Manufacturing/Supply Chain/Logistics environment is preferred
Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ Supervisory/Management experience
Knowledge of Logistics, all modes of transportation required
CPIM, Six Sigma training or Kaizen experience is preferred
Intermediate or higher proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) required; MS Access proficiency would be a plus
Overtime and weekend work will be required
Experience leading continuous improvement, Kaizen events, and improving scheduling is a plus
Oracle R12 experience preferred
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Primary Posting Location:
Cookeville, Tennessee US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: