Flowserve Corporation On-Site Applications Engineer in Corpus Christi, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Application Engineer sees it all—design, manufacture, installation and operation of our pumps and seals at our customers’ sites in the oil and chemical industries. In this challenging position the Application Engineer (AE) provides real-time technical support to our customers, and provides recommendations for repairs, upgrades, and replacement equipment. The AE is actively engaged in troubleshooting problems and implementing solutions on-site at nearby customer facilities (Corpus Christi) and at our repair center.
Duties include, but not limited to:
· Communicate the needs of customers to Flowserve, and be the customers’ primary source of information regarding design, application, installation, operation, and maintenance of our centrifugal and liquid ring vacuum pumps, and mechanical seals.
· Act as liaison between customers and Flowserve’s sales engineers, reliability engineers, customer service, and manufacturing.
· Troubleshoot technical problems at our customer sites and in-house at our Flowserve Quick Response Repair Center.
· Complete projects requiring both hands-on and mathematical approaches such as failure analysis reports, product performance reports, and engineering analyses.
· Evaluate reports and data to support recommendations for improvement, replacement, or repair of equipment.
· Present clear verbal and written technical explanations to customers, tailoring the content and style to the audience.
· Implement and administer the mechanical seal standardization and customer specification process.
· Help organize and ensure monthly “Bad Actor” meetings to maintain visibility on equipment performance.
· Provide technical guidance about successful installation and operation of our products, ensuring that standardized installation procedures are followed.
· Maintain data regarding customer equipment and parts inventories, responding with appropriate actions regarding inventory reduction and consolidation.
· Maintain data in engineering systems; process engineering change notices; submit corrective action reports; and maintain current, accurate, organized files.
· Help conduct technical training as needed for our customers.
· BS Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical degree.
· All levels of experience will be considered, including new grads and mid-career.
· Must have a strong customer focus and project a positive corporate image.
· Must be a team player, able to problem-solve and work constructively with customers and co-workers.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Computer literate and savvy.
· Must be a well-organized self-starter who can accomplish goals and objectives in a timely manner and without close supervision.
· Local travel using personal vehicle, and some overnight travel required.
· Some physical activity required (e.g., light lifting, walking large customer sites, and ascending/descending ladders and staircases in multi-story facilities).
· Knowledge of the design, materials, and operational requirements of mechanical seals and rotating equipment, especially centrifugal and liquid ring vacuum pumps, a positive.
· In-plant operations experience highly desired.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
On-Site Applications Engineer
Primary Posting Location:
Corpus Christi, Texas US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.