Flowserve Corporation Applications Engineer in Etten-Leur, Netherlands
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Application Engineer, part of the (EPO) Commercial Operations team in Etten-Leur.
The Application Engineer will be the single point of contact focused on customer satisfaction with regard to on-time-delivery of quotations and reduction of cycle times for order entry for assigned pump business units in order to help increase Original Equipment (OE) and AM Units pump bookings.
A great place to work. Not only because we offer safety, loyalty and responsibility. Also because we offer competitive salary packages, that include a total of 27 holidays, 13-ADV days, 5% year-end bonus and a good travel allowance. Flowserve offers a number of different options of health and welfare benefits as well as a recognition program that rewards and celebrates Flowserve associates.
• Provide correct technical selections at market level pricing in response to RFQ's in the requested customer time frame.
• Interpret specifications and data sheets, including special warranty, delivery and payment terms requested by our customer.
• Clearly document exceptions in the proposal created for the customer.
• Interact with all other functions as needed to support the quotation process and prepare cost summary.
• Complete Contract review of purchase order, prior to handover to Order Fulfillment team.
• Clarify with customer/sales any unclear or inaccurate information on the PO in a prompt manner.
• Achieve quality order entry in accordance with the latest Sales Approval Policy.
• Effectively utilize the various tools including, but not limited to: Affinity, CRM, autoSAP as a basis to create qualitative quotations.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
• Experience as an Application Engineer in a technical/engineering role is preferred.
• Knowledge of rotating equipment (particularly seals/pumps) is strongly recommended.
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Good second foreign language communication skills are preferred (Arabic is a plus).
• High level of desk-top computer proficiency.
• Be customer and service focused, flexible and open to change.
• Must be a self-starter that is able to work with minimum supervision and have the ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: