Flowserve Corporation Sales Support Representative/Inside Sales Rep in Houston, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Flowserve is looking for a motivated Customer Service / Sales Support Representative to work with the AMSS OEM Project Mechanical Seal Team located in Houston, TX. The position will involve working with both internal and external customers. The individual will be expected to respond to customers’ inquiries regarding pricing, parts, repairs, and service needs for our Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) Project Team. This team covers Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Engineering Procurement Contractors (EPCs) working in various markets such as Petroleum, Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Mining, Water and Power. The successful candidate will be able to work effectively with our extensive parts catalog, drawings, computer programs and other reference materials to quickly and accurately support our customers. The candidate will receive training as needed and will work closely with Sales Engineers and Application Engineers to satisfy the customer’s needs. Duties include but not limited to:
· Respond to customer requests regarding pricing, parts availability, order processing, and order status.
· Solid understanding of commercial terms.
· Process orders, quotations and change orders, shipping modes, etc… accurately and quickly to meet customer demands.
· Demonstrated ability to expedite orders.
· Resolve problems with the correct level of initiative, collaboration and perserverance needed to satisfy the customer’s request within the guidelines of published procedures.
· Understanding and identifying the need for appropriate alternate options to assist in meeting on-time performance.
· Review, discuss and negotiate certain terms with customers (including lead time) in accordance with operational capacity, delivery terms and payment. Demonstrate an understanding of the needs of the customer and of Flowserve so as to establish ‘Win-Win’ agreements and relationships.
· Resolve Account Receivable issues with the ability to assert specific terms and to apply credits and discounts as required.
· Communicate and collaborate daily with all stakeholders as needed (customers, sales, inventory, production, shipping) with regard to order status and delivery.
· Maintain accurate, current and organized records.
· Demonstrate proficiency with company products, procedures, and operating systems. Work as needed with AE’s and Sales Engineering to understand and obtain basic parts information from AutoCAD drawings.
· Understand and comply with legal requirements (IE: export compliance, SOX, Terms and Conditions, ISO, etc…).
· Ability to be a team player and assist with unforeseen opportunities when presented.
2-3 years of customer service/ sales support
• High School Diploma required, college degree preferred
• Must be able to properly identify customer requirements and accurately enter information for operational excellence.
• Dependable, reliable attendance
Familiar with CRM systems and practices
· Demonstrated ability to work with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
· Must project a strong customer focus; be able to deal diplomatically with customer requests and project a positive corporate image.
· Solid organizational skills; be able to establish priorities and work toward specific deadlines without constant supervision.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Resourceful and motivated to make contacts throughout the organization to get information and resolve issues.
· Pleasant, clear and articulate communication skills on the phone, in person and projected through e-mail.
· Exhibit excellent writing skills with clarity, appropriate tone and direction.
· Solid understanding of math skills
· Desire to work hard and look for opportunities for continual improvement.
History of working with PRMS considered highly valuable.
Background in Customer Service dealing with manufactured and repaired equipment highly valued.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Sales Support Representative/Inside Sales Rep
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Houston, Texas US
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: