Flowserve Corporation Buyer in Olomouc, Czech Republic
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· Manage orders of goods, materials (according to material required specifications), components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets in a timely manner
· Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials, prevent and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
· Authorize payment for purchases by reviewing invoices and related documentation
· Maintain appropriate inventory levels consistent with targeted inventory goals and as set by management.
· Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers, explore alternate sources for goods and materials
· Identify opportunity for savings and reduce costs where possible
· Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to achieve business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
· Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities (reporting OTD delivery to Reqeust date, Promised Date)
· Assess tenders and quotations from potential suppliers
· Actively participate in new projects and process changes (outsourcing, new suppliers etc)
· Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and ensure effective communication
· Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, support business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
· Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures based on the requirement of Flowserve
· Work on add-hock task requested by Line Manager
· Maintains principles, regulations and guidelines for occupational safety and health in all work activities.
· Carries out all work activities in accordance with the policy and objectives of quality, environmantal policy and relevant instructions in these areas.
· Maintains the assigned workplace and equipment in its proper conditins according to the principles of 6S
· Actively engages in increasing knowledge and qualification
· Proposes improvement of process and procedures withig the area of responsibility and capabilities
· Complies with the employer's internal regulations and generally applicable rules and policies
Secondary education/university degree (economy or technical field preferred)
Min. 2 years of purchasing experience, international sourcing and multinational corporation experiences as an advantage
Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel) – advanced knowledge as an advantage, ERP systems experience (Oracle as an advantage)
· Fluent Czech, English language minimum level B2
· Excellent organizational skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Positive attitude
· Team player
· Pro-active and results-oriented
· Ability to work and manage in a fast paced, dynamic, constantly changing environment
Manage purchases of direct/indirect materials and services in compliance with local and corporate requirements to ensure smooth running of the company, track the market with commodities, find suppliers and work with them to achieve maximum savings.
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: