Flowserve Corporation Manual Machinist - Weekend Shift *$1,000 Sign On Bonus* in Rancho Dominguez, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
As a member of a Flowserve Quick Repair Center in Rancho Dominguez, you will machine metal parts and components to repair mechanical seals used in industrial settings, such as refineries and factories. Analyze specifications, set-up, operate, and maintain manual machines. Verify quality of finished work with precision measurement tools. Collaborate with engineers and machinists to evaluate needs, troubleshoot problems, and recommend solutions. This is a weekend 3x12 shift, Fri-Sat-Sun, full time position with full benefits package.
· Machine 300-series stainless steel parts utilizing standard machines, including manual engine lathe, milling machine, and drill press
· Meet production goals relating to efficiency, schedules, and scrap and rework
· Verify the quality of finished work using precision measurement tools, demonstrating an in-depth understanding of specifications and workmanship
· Maintain a safe workplace by wearing PPE, following procedures and rules, and completing training
· Clean and maintain machines and tools, and keep an organized workspace
· Work closely with other machinists to discuss and solve problems relating to repairs and equipment
· Collaborate with inventory workers and engineers to status and discuss work-in-progress
· Focus on improvement by participating in continuous improvement team activities
· Record accurate, timely data on computer-based systems or in manual logs
· Apply in-depth understanding of the process flow of documents, materials, and parts through the repair or manufacturing process
· Apply knowledge of equipment applications in the manufacturing process
· Over 5 years machining experience in a manufacturing or repair environment operating manual engine lathes and milling machines
· Able to work a weekend shift, including about one month M-F shift for onboarding.
· Able to machine parts from start to finish
· Experience in using and interpreting precision measuring instruments, such as micrometers, dial indicators, and depth gauges
· Must be able to read and interpret blue prints and drawings
· Must communicate clearly, understand instructions, and read instructions in English
· Forklift certification desirable
· Standing for long times required, repetitive arm motions, frequent lifting of 30 lbs with occasional lifting up to 50 pounds
· Able to work overtime and weekends as required on short notice
· Able to travel to other local Flowserve sites or customer locations, as required
· Demonstrated track record of reliable, dependable work ethic with a personal commitment to quality workmanship
· Must show a customer-service mindset at all times
· High school diploma or GED equivalent is required
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Manual Machinist - Weekend Shift $1,000 Sign On Bonus
Primary Posting Location:
Rancho Dominguez, California US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.