Flowserve Corporation Internal Audit in Santa Clara, Mexico
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Staff Auditor
Range of Responsibility: Performs complex, value added professional internal auditing work. Work involves supporting the planning and execution of operational, compliance and financial audits; providing consulting services to the organization’s management and staff; providing input to the development of the annual audit plan. Candidate must be able to function independently under general supervision with latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
Other essential duties include, but are not limited to:
• Performs the execution of audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
• Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and administers questionnaires, composes summary memos, and prepares detailed working papers.
• Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations to enhance internal controls, maximize efficiency and minimize exposure to loss and regulatory risk using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed. Drafts audit comments and report issues to support findings identified during field work. Obtains management agreement on control issues and commitment to implement recommendations.
• Assists in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management.
• Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
• Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships and certifications.
• Performs other related work as assigned by audit management.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• Zero to three years of full-time experience in auditing, accounting, business analysis, or program evaluation.
Must also have the following demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Awareness of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices.
• Awareness of the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
• Awareness of management information systems terminology, concepts and practices.
• Awareness of industry program policies, procedures, regulations and laws.
• Capable of analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
• Capable of presenting issues, negotiating proper control responses, and resolving problems.
• Skill in using a computer with word processing, spreadsheet and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries and analyses.
• Capable of effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
• Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, agency staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
• Experience in industry auditing and accounting. (Manufacturing/inventory experiences a plus)
• Certification as a CPA or CIA highly preferred.
• Foreign language(s) a significant plus: Chinese, Spanish, French, German, Japanese, etc…
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Finance & Accounting
Primary Posting Location:
Santa Clara, MX
Auto req ID: