Flowserve Corporation Data Scientist in Singapore, Singapore
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· In conjunction with domain subject matter experts, interpret and develop solutions to business problems using current and advanced data feature engineering and machine learning techniques.
· Develop new analytical methods and/or tools as required.
· Contribute to data mining architectures, modelling standards, reporting, and data analysis methodologies.
· Work with IT and software engineers to develop, integrate, and deploy predictive analytics models for the purposes of growing the front end of the business.
· Develop methods to automatically visualize information from large data sets
· Conduct research and make recommendations on data mining products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
· Work with application developers to extract data relevant for analysis.
· Collaborate with unit managers, end users, development staff, and other stakeholders to integrate data analytics applications with existing systems.
· Provide and apply quality assurance best practices for data analysis services.
· Adhere to change control and testing processes for modifications to analytical models.
· Assist in the creation of data definitions for new database file/table development and/or changes to existing ones as needed for analysis.
· Respond to and resolve data mining performance issues. Monitor data mining system performance and implement efficiency improvements.
· Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
· Support the business with clear and insightful analysis applying advanced modeling techniques leveraging the data at hand
· Master's degree in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or related discipline.
· Minimum 3 years of professional experience in a data science or analytical role
· Proficiency in coding packages such as Python, R, MatLab, or SAS is required
· Knowledge of database integration with SQL, Azure, Hadoop, OSI-PI, etc
· Knowledge of industrial sensors, signal processing, and data acquisition systems is a plus.
· Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication, and leadership skills with the ability to quickly build credibility, influence and make recommendations to all levels
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
· Organizational skills - ability to multi-task, prioritize, and execute on assigned deliverables
· Facilitation skills - emphasis on coordinating customer relationships with internal functions/groups; ability to solve issues by coordination across cross-functional areas
· Strong cross-functional team player
· Ability to change direction quickly based on analytic needs
· Ability to communicate complex findings and ideas in a plain language
· Enjoy discovering and solving problems
· Strong organizational skills - ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
· Ability to travel on occasion
Researching and developing advanced data analytics, feature engineering, and machine learning methods to address complex engineering challenges associated with our flow control products.
Designing and implementing processes andlayouts for complex, large-scale data sets used for modeling, data mining, andresearch purposes.
Responsible for business case development, planning,coordination/collaboration with various internal and vendor teams, project managing the life cycle of an analytic project, and interfacing with business sponsors to provide periodic updates.
Working on multiple projects simultaneously to provide best results
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: