Flowserve Corporation Senior Engineer in Sulphur Springs, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
This position will be in the FCO division of Flowserve and resides in our Sulphur Springs, Texas location. The selected candidate will work on Flowserve product known as Argus ball valves.
· Technically review non-standard and special valve quotations and orders.
· Discuss issues and concerns with inside and outside sales and customers where necessary, to ensure the quotation or order is processed timely and meets the customer's requirements.
· Provide comments and exceptions to customer requirements/specifications that are consistent with accepted safety practices, ensuring minimum exposure to product liability action or warranty problems. These comments and exceptions must also be consistent with applicable codes and standards as well as company policies, procedures and manufacturing processes, and provided in proper wording that can be presented to the customer.
· Participate in the contract review process to ensure engineering commitments to inside and outside customers are met.
· Provides technical help to in-house and field sales people and to engineers in the resolution of materials engineering problems as it relates to metallurgical and materials suitability for service in customer applications within the oil and gas and chemical and refining fields.
· Prepares materials and process specifications and consults with other engineers on welding, heat treating and material questions.
· Resolution of materials failures and analysis of returned materials from customers to determine cause and corrective actions to be taken.
· Support the Company's Customer Service objectives by developing bills of material and drawings for non-standard and special valves for customer orders, in a lead time that supports both internal and external customer expectations.
· Ensure that drawings, layouts and design decisions within the designated design authority follow company standards and nationally recognized drafting and tolerancing standards such as the ANSI Y14 series.
· Support the Customer Service team by being involved in the quotation process.
· Work with other Manufacturing Engineers to promptly investigate and resolve shop floor problems relating to design, fabrication or quality issues.
· Record and report findings, make corrections and help develop and implement permanent, cost effective solutions.
· Develop and maintain expertise on the CAD (SolidWorks) system, including solid modeling capabilities.
· Pursue opportunities to increase operating efficiency of the Product Units.
· Structural and Fluid Flow Analysis to assist with identifying and implement cost reductions through design changes or standardization of materials and parts.
· Identify ideas for product enhancements and convey these ideas to the Product Development group.
· Complete development work on special projects as assigned.
· Master’s degree.
· 2 - 5 years of experience in the valve industry.
· 2 - 5 years of experience in structural analysis and/or fluid flow analysis.
· Knowledge of the following industry specifications:
ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Section VIII
NACE MR0103 & NACE MR0175
· Ability to perform basic measurement for evaluating valve components.
· Ability to read and understand electrical and controls schematics.
· Experience with GD&T
Project Engineering Experience
· Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field.
· 2 - 5 years of experience in a manufacturing and fabrication environment.
· Ability to work both individually and in small groups.
· CAD experience, preferably SolidWorks.
· Travel 15% of time.
Primary Posting Location:
Sulphur Springs, Texas US
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: