Flowserve Corporation Manager, Engineering in Suzhou, China
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
This person will report to the Asia Pacific engineering director. This engineering manager is a product expert for ball valves including Argus and Valbart product lines. He will follow and maintain the ESP (Engineering Standard Practice). With this product authority, he will manage and supervise the standardization and localization of the product line in China. He will work with the product leadership team to manage the efforts to define the scope and range of the ball valve standard products. This leader will also work with the engineering managers from the ball valve factories to learn and gain best practices of the engineering and design teams on the global products. He will also integrate engineers from Suzhou, GTEC and other ball valve factories to execute the program. This effort will clean and streamline the ball valves into efficient low cost efficient components and BOM’s that will leave ball valve product in a superior cost position for the China market. This will reduce quote lead time and reduce cost efforts so the product can be loaded into a product configurator. He also works with several teams that support the ball valves teams globally.
He makes the final decision on part and assembly disposition when needed in the machine shop, assembly or the field. He oversees the field service work that is complete on all ball valve product lines and supervises the field service efforts for ball valves in China. He ensures that all product improvements are integrated into the standardized projects. He will harmonize the ball valve product line by implementing an ESP (Engineering Standard Practice) for ball valves in the Suzhou factory.
He will assist the sales and commercial operations teams when they need assistance with complex or technical projects in the quotation and bid phase to help Flowserve win orders. He will train the member of the customer service team, field service team, commercial operations and sales teams as needed to strengthen the ball valve organization.
Nature and Scope:
Lead the ball valve standardization and localization project inside the Suzhou engineering team
Lead the engineering decisions from the machine shop, assembly and testing engineering efforts
Lead the field service efforts
Lead the customer service efforts
From the lessons learned from these efforts, implement all improvements into the ball valve ESP
· Drive a culture within the engineering function based on customer focus, ethics, and a strong commitment to continuous improvement and safety.
· Mentor the engineering team to ensure that the ball valve ESP is created and implements across the business that are customer-centric.
· Provide technical and thought leadership to the engineering team and on a cross-functional basis.
· Ensure product safety and regulatory compliance through implementation of rigorous design control procedures and protocols across the business.
· Through adherence to engineering standards and processes, ensure quality, reliability, and market competitiveness in all product designs and their application.
· Support development and certification of Lead Product Operations (LPO) for all core ball valve Products.
· Collaborate with the corporate technology group to identify commercial opportunities for new technologies that may provide competitive advantage in our targeted markets.
· R&D, and other projects as may be assigned in alignment with the FCO annual operating plan (AOP).
· Work collaboratively with the Global Engineering leadership to define engineering standardization opportunities that will increase engineering productivity and decrease engineering cycle time, effort and costs across the enterprise.
· Act as an effective change agent, driving adoption and long-term acceptance of target engineering transformations based on strategy, practices, procedures and systems.
Creation of the ball valve ESP, drive the process of standardization
Integrate the effective usage of the GTEC-Bengaluru engineering team to fully leverage their value as a flexible source of engineering capacity.
Partner with Operations, Sales, Quality Assurance and other stakeholders as necessary to provide customer centric and highly responsive support to resolve product performance issues in the field.
Establish and administer effective processes to identify, develop and leverage specialist skillsets across the ball valve engineering organization to meet business needs in a timely manner.
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or similar technical degree with a M.S. in Engineering or Engineering Management preferred
Minimum 15 years of industrial experience with at least 5 years demonstrated experience in a management position over technical staff within the ball and gate valve industry
· Must be self-starting and have motivational skills and a high sense of urgency to drive and execute production and development schedules.
· Interpersonal skills are critical for optimum communication with internal and external customers.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and must be Fluent in English verbally as well as in written communication.
· Ability to produce professional engineering reports and presentations. They must also be able to deliver these presentations to management teams, industry committees, employees and customers
· Excellent time management and organization skills
· Strong analytical, problem solving with a demonstrated ability to apply technology to creatively solve problems and meet business and stakeholder needs.
· Strong project management skills with demonstrated success in effectively leading complex projects involving cross-functional and global teams.
· Demonstrated ability to develop and manage strong team, customer, and internal relationships including a history of developing collaborative relationships.
· Demonstrated ability to accomplish key results through influence.
Proven ability to adapt to changing organizational environment and business needs.
Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated commitment to staff development vis mentoring and coaching
Willingness to travel from base to plant facilities and customer locations with travel requirements of up to 20%.
Have more than 15 years of industrial experience with at least 5 years demonstrated experience in a management position over technical staff within the ball and gate valve industry is preferred.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Primary Posting Location:
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.