Flowserve Corporation Affinity Database Engineer in Taneytown, Maryland
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The position will act as an integral member of a global team tasked with improving Flowserve’s customer-facing tools as well as streamlining the order process after a business unit receives an order. This includes furthering the strategic deployment of Affinity, the Company’s proprietary CPQ (Configure Price Quote) Software for pumps. The software and team are key to achieving primary business objectives by enabling fast, accurate, and competitive quotations for customers, and bill of material generation for business units, across a broad pump product portfolio. The selected candidate will manage the inclusion and enhancement of technical product information within the database to ensure the Affinity software enables customer-facing success through the Company’s global order acquisition and sales organizations.
• Ability to use logic based software, applications, build data tables, and manage data.
• Work with multiple ERP systems, including SAP and Oracle.
• Translate CPQ tool outputs into a format that can be uploaded and understood by an ERP system to generate a Bill of Material.
• Develop new software tools to help improve the business.
• Be able to recognize any deficiencies in the current pump selection program, address database errors, and make improvements as required.
• Ability to seek out and interpret engineering data, material data, pump hydraulics and application specification details.
• Be able to recognize when the previously stored engineering data may be in error.
• Identify opportunities and mechanisms to improve the end user experience and business outcomes.
• Partner across a global team to achieve group objectives and milestones.
• Work closely with Engineering, Product Management, Supply Chain and Sales across multiple business units.
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or Engineering Technology.
• Experience with ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, Great Plains, Symix).
• Knowledge of Visual Studio .NET development.
• Programming experience with at least one of the following languages: C#, Java, or Swift; and desire to branch out into other languages.
• Experience working with or creating BOMs (Bills of Materials) is a plus.
• Experience with CPQ software (Configure Price Quote) is a plus.
• Self-motivated, good attention to detail, strong problem solving skills, and excellent organizational skills are required.
• Experience and ability to analyze and improve a process (CIP).
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Affinity Database Engineer
Primary Posting Location:
Taneytown, Maryland US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
United States of America
Auto req ID: