Flowserve Corporation CNC Machinist - 2nd Shift in Taneytown, Maryland
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· 2 years of previous machining experience performing setups, editing programs, utilizing chucks, and operating CNC machines in a manufacturing environment preferred; in lieu of this will consider 1 year of vocational schooling in machining
· Basic shop math skills
· Must have strong computer skills
· High School Diploma or GED
· Ability to work 2 nd shift evening hours – Monday thru Thursday 3:30p-2am
· Ability to follow complex verbal and written instructions
· Must be able to lift, push, or pull up to 50 lbs
· Ability to work overtime as required
· Good mechanical ability and manual dexterity essential (able to stand for long periods of time)
· Must have a strong work ethic and be able to follow proper safety procedures and guidelines
· Ability to work in a team oriented and Continuous Improvement environment
· Setup, program, machine, and inspect manufactured products per operating procedures and instructions though the use of a CNC Machining Center or Lathe.
· Perform all basic and complex machining.
· Understand and operate machines, tooling, and measuring equipment properly and safely.
· Confer with engineers and other production associates to assure correct functioning of processes.
· Perform routine repairs to machines.
· Hold close tolerances to 0.001”.
· Work with and machine large parts including castings in numerous materials such as cast iron, bronze, carbon steel & various types of stainless steel.
· Knowledgeable in self-inspection techniques.
· Utilize all types of precision measuring equipment working in both the English and Metric systems.
· Read and interpret blueprints with geometric tolerances and maintenance instructions.
· Operate overhead and jib cranes to lift and move heavy parts.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
CNC Machinist - 2nd Shift
Primary Posting Location:
Taneytown, Maryland US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: