Flowserve Corporation Test Technician - 2nd Shift in Taneytown, Maryland
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES :
· Perform pump test set-up, wire high voltage motors and test pumps using test data acquisition system and a variety of test instrumentation.
· Examines parts for conformance with dimensional specifications.
· Will use hand tools, air tools, sandblaster, parts washer, die grinders and hand drills.
· Follow all work instructions as trained; including but not limited to Test procedures, Routers, Supplemental Quality Inspections, General Workmanship Standards, etc.
· Install piping plans and set seals to match drawings.
· Move materials and parts to and from work areas via power lift trucks and fork trucks.
· Operate overhead and jib cranes to lift and move heavy parts.
· Meet with Customers to review test plans and procedures under which tests will be conducted as required.
· Reviews test results with engineering personnel and assembly supervisors to troubleshoot and resolve design and test problems on individual products and production tests.
· Possess the desire to learn additional job functions within the facility (e.g. Assembly, Painting, Hydro, and Other miscellaneous duties as needed)
· 1 - 3 years of previous assembly experience in a manufacturing environment
· High School Diploma or GED
· Ability to work in a team oriented and CIP environment
· Ability to read and interpret instructions and drawings
· Ability to read and comprehend precision measuring equipment
· Ability to use a wide variety of hand, power and air tools
· Ability to follow complex verbal and written instructions
· Must be able to lift, push, or pull up to 50 lbs
· Ability to work overtime as required
· Good mechanical ability and manual dexterity is essential (able to stand for long periods of time)
· Must have a strong work ethic and be able to follow proper safety procedures and guidelines
· Ability to work 2nd shift evening hours – Monday thru Thursday 3:30pm-2am
· Experience terminating electrical connections and working with high voltage equipment (less than 10kv) preferred
· Previous experience working as a Mechanic, Electrician or Pipefitter, would be a benefit in this role.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Test Technician - 2nd Shift
Primary Posting Location:
Taneytown, Maryland US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: